Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Reka Thirunavukkarasu <re...@wso2.com> on 2014/01/09 10:00:16 UTC

Modifying the ArtifactUpdatePublisher in Stratos Manager as a generic publisher for the instance notification

Hi

Can i do the $subject, since we have other notification (instance
termination) also handled via this publisher?

Thanks,
Reka

--
Reka Thirunavukkarasu
Software Engineer,

Re: Modifying the ArtifactUpdatePublisher in Stratos Manager as a generic publisher for the instance notification

Posted by Pradeep Fernando <pr...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 2:47 PM, Reka Thirunavukkarasu <re...@wso2.com> wrote:

> Hi Pradeep,
>
> I will start another thread to discuss the Graceful shutdown for the
> instances. This refactoring came into mind when i start working on the
> Graceful shutdown for the instances.
>
> On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 2:38 PM, Pradeep Fernando <pr...@gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi Reka,
>>
>> Can you please elaborate the approach... :) Sorry i don't have much
>> context.
>>
>> - Is it just a name refactoring
>>
> Yah. It is kind of refactoring to handle any type of InstanceNotifierEvent
> to publish via this publisher rather than just bound to
> ArtifactUpdatedEvent.

+1. sounds good.

Posted by Reka Thirunavukkarasu <re...@wso2.com>.
Hi Pradeep,

I will start another thread to discuss the Graceful shutdown for the
instances. This refactoring came into mind when i start working on the
Graceful shutdown for the instances.

On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 2:38 PM, Pradeep Fernando <pr...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Reka,
>
> Can you please elaborate the approach... :) Sorry i don't have much
> context.
>
> - Is it just a name refactoring

Yah. It is kind of refactoring to handle any type of InstanceNotifierEvent
to publish via this publisher rather than just bound to
ArtifactUpdatedEvent.

- are you providing a generic extension point or some sort.

> anyway, the intentions seems to be good. if we can generalize the instance
> notification it is good..

+1.

Thanks,
Reka