Posted to user@ctakes.apache.org by "Savova, Guergana" <Gu...@childrens.harvard.edu> on 2020/02/17 13:38:43 UTC

RE: Missing body side and laterality attribute in AnatomicalSiteMention [EXTERNAL]

Hi Abad,

Methods for populating these two attributes have not been implemented in cTAKES.  In cTAKES, there is a method for linking anatomical sites to diseases/disorders, sign/symptoms or procedures:

best,
--
Guergana Savova, PhD, FACMI
Associate Professor

[http://web2.tch.harvard.edu/homepagestories/Images/SigBlock.jpg]

Posted by "Finan, Sean" <Se...@childrens.harvard.edu>.
Hi Abad,

If you are using ctakes trunk there are a lot of piper files in the various resources modules to handle more advanced pipelines.

ctakes-relation-extractor-res/src/main/resources/org/apache/ctakes/relationextractor/pipeline/

contains DefaultRelation.piper - which adds detection of modifiers, locations and severities.

If you are not using trunk, just add these lines to the end of your piper:

// Modifiers. Use addLogged to log start and finish of processing.  There aren't default models, so set specifically
addLogged ModifierExtractorAnnotator classifierJarPath=/org/apache/ctakes/relationextractor/models/modifier_extractor/model.jar

// Degree of severity, etc.
addLogged DegreeOfRelationExtractorAnnotator classifierJarPath=/org/apache/ctakes/relationextractor/models/degree_of/model.jar

// Location.
addLogged LocationOfRelationExtractorAnnotator classifierJarPath=/org/apache/ctakes/relationextractor/models/location_of/model.jar

If you don't care about "starting ..." "done" info statements in your log, you can replace the 'addLogged' command with 'add'.

Sean