Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Alec Swan <al...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/24 23:49:30 UTC

Byte order mark is displayed on the page

Hello,

I have HTML markup fie saved with UTF-8 encoding. When I open HTML in
the browser it looks good, however if the same HTML is displayed by
Wicket I see a byte-order-mark:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
xmlns:wicket="http://www.w3.org/1999/html">
<head>

When I check page info in the browser it says that the page uses UTF-8 encoding.

What do I need to do to continue using UTF-8 but prevent
byte-order-mark from being rendered?

Thanks,

Alec

Re: Byte order mark is displayed on the page

Posted by Alec Swan <al...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the link. I mistakenly thought that BOM was required for
UTF-8 encoded files. Here is from wikipedia: "The Unicode Standard
does permit the BOM in UTF-8 but does not require or recommend its
use."

Posted by Francois Meillet <fr...@gmail.com>.