Posted to dev@ibatis.apache.org by Dan Hodnett <dh...@earthlink.net> on 2005/12/22 22:18:46 UTC

Subject: [ABATOR] prefixes in generated code

Jeff, nice job on the Abator plugin work ...
this should make it even easier for folks get started with iBATIS.

I noticed the use of a prefix when generating some of the ids
in the *_SqlMap.xml files.

If the prefix is needed, perhaps an optional attribute in the <table/> element
of the abatorConfig.xml could be used to allow specification of the
prefix to be used when generating 'id' values.

btw: you may need to break out to your own mailing list for iBATIS tools.

--
Dan Hodnett
Raleigh, NC USA

Re: Subject: [ABATOR] prefixes in generated code

Posted by Jeff Butler <je...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Dan.

The prefix "abatorgenerated_" in the XML IDs is there so I can know what
elements to replace on subsequent runs of Abator.  Any element with that
prefix in the id will be deleted and regenerated.  The Java elements are
easier in this regard because I can use a non-standard Javadoc tag
(@abatorgenerated) for the same purpose.

Is the prefix causing a problem, or is it just ugly?  I think it's ugly too,
but I think it's the only way to accomplish this ability to let any hand
coded additions to the XML files survive a re-running of Abator.

Jeff Butler