Posted to jmeter-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Fabian Bieker <fb...@beaglesoft.de> on 2008/12/05 09:04:09 UTC

maven pom for jmeter-trunk?

Hi,

I read the jmeter maven mailling list thread ( http://marc.info/?l=jmeter-dev&m=121647373702547&w=2
  ) .
Is anyone using maven to build jmeter?

Since their is no pom.xml in the current jmeter svn trunk, I guess there
is no "offical" pom for jmeter. Does anyone have a starting point
for a jmeter pom (or working one) that (s)he is willing to share?

I'm currently working on a JUnit4Sampler and the lack of maven support
for jmeter is quite a time killer, since I would like to integrate the
stuff in our
maven based Hudson CI environment.

The Sampler is still in the in the alpha-stage.
Have a look at http://page.mi.fu-berlin.de/bieker/maven/repo/de/beaglesoft/jmeter/jmeter-sampler/
if you want to check out the code - It's apache license 2.0 and
heavily based on the JUnit 3 Sampler.

Thanks!

	Fabian Bieker

__
Fabian Bieker, BeagleSoft GmbH, Ritterstr. 11, D-10969 Berlin
Tel: +49 (30) 76 10 683 - 37 , Fax: +49 (30) 76 10 683 - 33
Email: fbi@beaglesoft.de , Internet: www.beaglesoft.de
Geschäftsführer: Christoph Hoffmann / Sitz Berlin /
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Berlin-Charlottenbrug,
HRB 103412B / Ust.IdNr: DE 178817800 / St.-Nr: 29 130 02038 FA für
Körperschaften III

Re: maven pom for jmeter-trunk?

Posted by Fabian Bieker <fb...@beaglesoft.de>.
Hi sebb,

> Unless you need to update any of the JMeter classes, surely all you
> need to to is to ensure that the JMeter jars are present? You can just
> deploy the jars to your local repository.

Sure, that's what I'm doing atm.

I just want to have dependencies for the jmeter-jars (like commons-io)
in
the jmeter jar poms and not in my pom. Figuring out which jmeter jar
depends on
which jar in the lib directory is a little bit tricky ...
Guess I have to go and figure out a smart / efficient way to do this
myself.

Anyway, thanks for your reply sebb. :-)

cheers,

	Fabian Bieker