Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Eda Srinivasareddy <ed...@yahoo.com> on 2004/01/19 06:03:10 UTC

Writing a new sampler of asynchronous type - suggestions please

Hi All

I want to write a sampler for a protocol, which is of asynchronous type. I mean in this
protocol there is no mechanism to match a response to any of the requests.

Can I use any one of the existing samplers as an example to create my sampler?

Thanks
Eda

Re: Writing a new sampler of asynchronous type - suggestions please

Posted by Eda Srinivasareddy <ed...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Jordi

You are absolutely right. It is a combination of sending requests and capturing the responses on event based. In fact it is for testing a FIX protocol based application.

Could you please provide me more details how to approach?

Thanks
Eda

Jordi Salvat i Alabart <js...@atg.com> wrote:
Really? No way to match it at all? Even 'ping' packets carry a packet
sequence number!

I don't think any of the current samplers can work this way -- although
there's definitely a need for 'event-type' samplers. I mean samplers
collecting data being pushed in rather than pulling the data -- let's
call them data collectors rather than samplers. Your's would be a
combination of both: a sampler generating the requests, a data collector
collecting the responses.

I will be happy to help on this if I can -- can you please describe your
requirement in more detail?

--
Salut,

Jordi.