Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Subhadeep De <de...@hotmail.com> on 2001/10/03 07:49:25 UTC

Issues regarding class loading in tomcat3.2.1

Hi,

I am facing a problem regarding loading some of my classes at runtime.

The scene is as follows.

I download a jar and instantiate a class form it using my own class loader.
This class extends another class which is present in the
webapps/MYFOLDER/web-inf/classes folder.

Now tomcat is unable to instantiate the class from the jar saying that the
class from which it extends is not found.

This problem is resolved if i make a jar of my classes in
webapps/MYFOLDER/web-inf/classes folder and put it in the lib directory of
tomcat.

Can u please suggest me a better solution? and also let me know wht the
problem is occuring.

pls ASAP.

Thanks in advance,
Subhadeep.