Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Ramprasad <ra...@netcore.co.in> on 2006/12/11 14:53:29 UTC

Stupid spammer using same pattern in from ids

I thought all the stupid spammers were already eliminated. But now there
is another full generation alive

These spammers use specific patterns for their from-ids that makes
themselves too obvious. It took us quite a while to find out what was
hammerring us but Now I am blocking all these spams right at the MTA
(postfix pcre tables )

last week it was something like
/^fbi.+war@/

Now it is
/^daf.+cpu@/

I grep my maillogs and feel pleased I have blocked around 10-20 spams a
sec ( we get 6-7 million mails a day ) booted at the gate

Any idea why anyone would use such specific patterns ?

Thanks
Ram