Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by thrykol <gi...@git.apache.org> on 2013/06/10 22:35:38 UTC

lucene-solr pull request: Lucene solr 4 3

GitHub user thrykol opened a pull request:

    https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/pull/10

    Lucene solr 4 3

    Logging pages threw a JS error when logging has not been initialized.  Cleaned up logic to handle un-initialized logging.

    $ git pull https://github.com/thrykol/lucene-solr lucene_solr_4_3

    https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/pull/10.patch

----

----

Re: lucene-solr pull request: Lucene solr 4 3

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Chris and Yonik:

Thanks, you can tell what a Git newbie I am....

Erick

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
That's fine.

In my opinion, when weg et a pull request, we should review it and if we "accept" it somehow (so it is not a "spam" request), somebody should open a corresponding JIRA issue to track further processing. Maybe infra can do this automatically instead of sending to the list?

Uwe

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de
eMail: uwe@thetaphi.de

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidworks.com>.

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: Typically, people will open up a JIRA and attach the patch in order to
: get it into the system, could you go ahead and do that? See:
: http://wiki.apache.org/solr/HowToContribute

Erick: pull request emails like this are automaticly generated by the
git.apache.org -> github.org bridge put in place by Infra anytime someone
with a fork on github hit's the "Pull Request" button.  The user involved
is not neccessarily subscribed to this list, and the From email address is
a black box (git@git.apache.org)

conceptually, pull request emails should be treated the same as someone
anonymously emailing the URL of a patch to the list.

: On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 4:35 PM, thrykol <gi...@git.apache.org> wrote:
: > GitHub user thrykol opened a pull request:
: >
: >     https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/pull/10
: >
: >     Lucene solr 4 3
: >
: >     Logging pages threw a JS error when logging has not been initialized.  Cleaned up logic to handle un-initialized logging.
: >
: > You can merge this pull request into a Git repository by running:
: >
: >     $ git pull https://github.com/thrykol/lucene-solr lucene_solr_4_3
: >
: > Alternatively you can review and apply these changes as the patch at:
: >
: >     https://github.com/apache/lucene-solr/pull/10.patch

-Hoss

Re: lucene-solr pull request: Lucene solr 4 3

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
Typically, people will open up a JIRA and attach the patch in order to
get it into the system, could you go ahead and do that? See:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/HowToContribute

Best
Erick