Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Balaji Loganathan <ba...@yahoo.com> on 2002/03/15 12:22:11 UTC

Printing Problem,

Hi,
 Please look at the below program and especially
margin settings of body and table.
 If I print this out in HP printer,Lexmark printer and
if I measure the paper output
 with a Millimeter scale or ruler.The margins all
sides seems to vary by plus or minus
 2-6 mm with HP printer and Lexmark.Even if I compare
my printer output with the original
 paper document in SUNLIGHT,its varying.

 If this is the case how can we assure that we can
produce the exact Paper document with
 PDF using XSL:fo which is printer portable. ??

 Is PDF is printer portable ?

 Please advice me where i'm going wrong.

 Regards
 Balaji

Code start:
  <fo:layout-master-set>
    <fo:simple-page-master master-name="currency-page"
    		       page-width="210mm"
       		       page-height="297mm">
       <fo:region-body
			margin-top="10mm"
			margin-bottom="7mm"
			margin-left="20mm"
			margin-right="7mm"
       />
       <fo:region-start/>
    </fo:simple-page-master>
  </fo:layout-master-set>

<fo:page-sequence master-reference="currency-page">
    <fo:static-content flow-name="xsl-region-start">

      <fo:block font-size="3mm"text-align="start">Some
text will go here later
      </fo:block>
    </fo:static-content>
<fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
	<fo:table border="0.015mm solid black">
		<fo:table-column column-width="183mm"/>
	  <fo:table-body>
	    <fo:table-row height="280mm">
	      <fo:table-cell><fo:block>A border
with,10,7,20,7mm</fo:block>
	      </fo:table-cell>
	    </fo:table-row>
	</fo:table-body>
	</fo:table>
</fo:flow>
</fo:page-sequence>
</fo:root>
Code end:

- Vote for your nominees in our online Oscars pool.

Re: Printing Problem,

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <je...@outline.ch>.
Well, a couple of times I almost went mad because I couldn't figure out
why my lengths didn't come out like I wanted them. And that was because
I had "Fit to page" enabled.

Most problems I have with inaccurate positioning of text elements is
when I have to print on preprinted forms. I usually solve this by having
this part in an absolutely positioned block-container that I can shift
in X and Y direction using variables in XSLT.

Another approach we frequently take is to use the X/Y-shift
functionality on the big Xerox DocuPrint/DocuTech printers. Of course,
that doesn't apply to desktop printers.

On 15.03.2002 14:45:36 Balaji Loganathan wrote:
> Dear Jeremias.,
>   Thanks again Jeremias,but my print options doesn't
> have something like "Fit to page",and I also removed
> all the page print settings simillar to above.
>   I printed the PDF with same printer now,its printing
> with different margin edges now,So i found the error
> is in feeding of paper (i'ts not manual feeding,i put
> bunch paper in tray).
>   So i have to blame only the printer and not PDF or
> FOP.
>   Did you faced some problem like this and how did you
> managed.??
>   Please comment.

Cheers,
Jeremias Märki

mailto:jeremias.maerki@outline.ch

OUTLINE AG
Postfach 3954 - Rhynauerstr. 15 - 6002 Luzern
Fon +41 (0)41 317 2020 - Fax +41 (0)41 317 2029
Internet http://www.outline.ch

Re: Printing Problem,

Posted by Balaji Loganathan <ba...@yahoo.com>.
Dear Jeremias.,
  Thanks again Jeremias,but my print options doesn't
have something like "Fit to page",and I also removed
all the page print settings simillar to above.
  I printed the PDF with same printer now,its printing
with different margin edges now,So i found the error
is in feeding of paper (i'ts not manual feeding,i put
bunch paper in tray).
  So i have to blame only the printer and not PDF or
FOP.
  Did you faced some problem like this and how did you
managed.??
  Please comment.
Regards
Balaji

 --- Jeremias Maerki <je...@outline.ch>
wrote: > Maybe you have "Fit to page" activated in
Acrobat

Re: Printing Problem,

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <je...@outline.ch>.