Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by fanyun <yu...@vtradex.com> on 2001/08/01 13:09:57 UTC

about avalon

Hi:

This maybe out of the topic. But since james is the only big solution build on avalon, I want to get some information about it.

1.  which version of avalon is used by james?
2. What do you feel about avalon.

Regards

fanyun

Re: about avalon

Posted by Charles Benett <ch...@benett1.demon.co.uk>.
fanyun wrote:

> Hi:
>
> This maybe out of the topic. But since james is the only big solution build on avalon, I want to get some information about it.
>
> 1.  which version of avalon is used by james?

(try cvs log)
revision 1.3
date: 2001/06/06 10:50:03;  author: charlesb;  state: Exp;  lines: +287
-261
Upgraded to Avalon 4.0b2, Logkit 1.0b2 and current Phoenix and
Cornerstone. Many deprecations which need to be addressed.

> 2. What do you feel about avalon.

Cool, fab and groovy.

James doesn't make full use of all the latest avalon developments,
though.

Charles