Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Ben Pickering <be...@hotmail.com> on 2000/10/05 14:58:46 UTC

Exit Procedures

Hi

I'm wondering how the Tomcat main() class exits.  Some of the classes I am
writing (which will be used by a servlet) use the Swing ImageIcon class to
load images.  This has the unfortunate side effect of starting a Swing
thread, which is not a daemon, and doesn't return when the 'main()' class
does.

So my question is, can I rely on Tomcat exiting with a System.exit(), thus
terminating all the threads?  If not, is there a workaround?

And is there another way of loading an image without using ImageIcon?  It's
annoying the way the VM lurks around even if all my code does is create a
single instance of one.

Regards,
Ben Pickering

http://profiles.msn.com.