Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Andreas Hochsteger <e9...@student.tuwien.ac.at> on 2003/10/04 18:01:11 UTC

Re: [RT] Building useful release notes

Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

> Sounds good (and this topic has already been discussed at least twice
> in the last months, with always the same outcome: +1 for the idea,
> no work done).
>
> In addition, a general release note like "bug fix release bla bla"
> would make the intent of the release clearer.
>
> But the complete changes list is still important as it can often
> be used to see if a particular problem has been solved. This key
> word search over the changes list is much faster as searching
> in bugzilla and often bugs have not been entered in bugzilla.
>
> Hmm, perhaps making different sections would help? One section
> for "Fixed Bugs", "Incompatible Changes", "New Features" etc.

This remembers me of the KDE (a Linux Desktop Environment) CVS digest:
http://members.shaw.ca/dkite/oct32003.html

They classify changes into the following categories orthogonal to the
KDE modules:
* Features
* Optimize
* Security
* Bug Fixes

This weekly report of the CVS activity is done by Derek Kite, who
deserves all the credit for digging through all the CVS commits and
summing up the results.

There are many ideas in these reports, of which Cocoon could benefit too.

> Carsten

Bye,
	Andreas