Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by bansi <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2007/02/26 21:19:28 UTC

Re: [Solved] Unable to display Suggested Items using Sandbox component s:inputAjaxSuggest

Here is some more info on my earlier posting
I figured out from debugging that control doesnt go to getSuggestedWords()
method as the following line never gets printed in the log console :
System.out.println("In getSuggestedWords method ");

Wondering what could be the reason

Regards
Bansi

Re: [TOMAHAWK] Facelets support was (RE: [Solved] Unable to display Suggested Items using Sandbox component s:inputAjaxSuggest)

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
As always, it's not a matter of do we want it, it's a matter of who's
going to do it, and how.
For there to be any integrated solution, it has to be a complete
solution since it is my understanding that it is not possible to
override whatever facelet tags we define.   Thus, we probably will
need to code-generate the taglib.xml files in order to keep them
up-to-date since the person working on a particular component may not
realize they need to change the facelets portion of the component
taghandler.

It would be good if the facelets support were in a separate maven
module so that the main Tomahawk code does not depend upon facelets.

What you propose sounds great -- when will you provide patches to
implement it? :-)

Re: [Solved] [TOMAHAWK] Facelets support was (RE: Unable to display Suggested Items using Sandbox component s:inputAjaxSuggest)

Posted by bansi <ma...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Marco
Thank you for your response. I double checked and found sandbox-taglib.xml
do contain the tag-defintion you mentioned of inputSuggestAjax. Also i
created a facelets subdirectory under src directory to store the java class
InputSuggestAjaxComponentHandler.java
Regards
Bansi

	bansi wrote:

	> Hi I am using Facelets 1.1.2 and
tomahawk-sandbox-1.1.3-SNAPSHOT.jar,
	> tomahawk-1.1.3.jar, MyFaces 1.1.4.
	>
	> The code works perfectly fine but when i enter values into
textbox it
	> doesnt show up suggested Items . Then i debugged the
application with
	> log4j
	>
	>
	>
	> Here is the jsp page
	> <h:outputText value="Enter your name : "/>
	> <s:inputSuggestAjax suggestedItemsMethod="#{
test.getSuggestedWords}"
	> value="#{test.currentValue}" />
	> <h:commandButton value="Submit"/>
	> <h:outputText value="Your name is #{ test.currentValue}"/>
	>
	> Here is the  backing bean
	> public List getSuggestedWords(String keyword) {
	> List list = new ArrayList();
	> list.add(keyword + " Ahmed Saleh");
	> list.add(keyword + " Kahki");
	> list.add(keyword + " Kourany");
	> list.add(keyword + " Kiki");
	> list.add(keyword + " Saleh Abouetta");
	> list.add(keyword + " Hashim");
	> return list;
	> }
	>
	>
	> public String getCurrentValue() {
	> return currentValue;
	> }
	> public void setCurrentValue(String currentValue) {
	> this.currentValue = currentValue;
	> }
	> //current selected value
	> String currentValue;
	> I have set the Save State to Client in web.xml
	>
	> Any pointers/suggestions will be highly appreciated
	>
	> Regards
	> Bansi

Nabble.com.

--
Best regards,
Laurentiu

Posted by Laurentiu Trica <tr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Bansi

On 2/26/07, bansi <ma...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Here is some more info on my earlier posting
> I figured out from debugging that control doesnt go to getSuggestedWords()
> method as the following line never gets printed in the log console :
> System.out.println("In getSuggestedWords method ");
>
> Wondering what could be the reason
>
> Regards
> Bansi
>
> bansi wrote:
> >
> > Hi I am using Facelets 1.1.2 and tomahawk-sandbox-1.1.3-SNAPSHOT.jar,
> > tomahawk-1.1.3.jar, MyFaces 1.1.4.
> >
> > The code works perfectly fine but when i enter values into textbox it
> > doesnt show up suggested Items . Then i debugged the application with
> > log4j
> >

> > Here is the jsp page
> > <h:outputText value="Enter your name : "/>
> > <s:inputSuggestAjax suggestedItemsMethod="#{test.getSuggestedWords}"
> > value="#{test.currentValue}" />
> > <h:commandButton value="Submit"/>
> > <h:outputText value="Your name is #{test.currentValue}"/>
> >
> > Here is the  backing bean
> > public List getSuggestedWords(String keyword) {
> > List list = new ArrayList();
> > list.add(keyword + " Ahmed Saleh");
> > list.add(keyword + " Kahki");
> > list.add(keyword + " Kourany");
> > list.add(keyword + " Kiki");
> > list.add(keyword + " Saleh Abouetta");
> > list.add(keyword + " Hashim");
> > return list;
> > }
> >

> > public String getCurrentValue() {
> > return currentValue;
> > }
> > public void setCurrentValue(String currentValue) {
> > this.currentValue = currentValue;
> > }
> > //current selected value
> > String currentValue;
> > I have set the Save State to Client in web.xml
> >
> > Any pointers/suggestions will be highly appreciated
> >
> > Regards
> > Bansi

Best regards,
Laurentiu