Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Doug MacEachern <do...@pobox.com> on 1998/07/14 17:42:50 UTC

Re: sub_canonical_filename softspot under win32

Ben Laurie <be...@algroup.co.uk> wrote:

> Doug MacEachern wrote:
> >
> > With the latest from cvs, this configuration causes an access violation:
> > <Files *.ehtml>
> >     SetHandler perl-script
> >     PerlHandler HTML::Embperl
> >     Options ExecCGI
> > </Files>
>
> Isn't that just wrong? Like, you shouldn't have a * there? But, of
> course, it shouldn't crash anyway.

This configuration was in mod_perl's 'make test' httpd.conf for ages,
it used to work fine (at one point), but I have no problem changing
this, of course.

> Care to log a bug?

It's possible that Marc has already fixed it.  I'll try again later
and log bug if it's still broken.

-Doug

Re: sub_canonical_filename softspot under win32

Posted by Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>.
On Tue, 14 Jul 1998, Doug MacEachern wrote:

> Ben Laurie <be...@algroup.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > Doug MacEachern wrote:
> > >
> > > With the latest from cvs, this configuration causes an access violation:
> > > <Files *.ehtml>
> > >     SetHandler perl-script
> > >     PerlHandler HTML::Embperl
> > >     Options ExecCGI
> > > </Files>
> >
> > Isn't that just wrong? Like, you shouldn't have a * there? But, of
> > course, it shouldn't crash anyway.
>
> This configuration was in mod_perl's 'make test' httpd.conf for ages,
> it used to work fine (at one point), but I have no problem changing
> this, of course.

And it should work fine (ie. not "will" on win32, but "should" as in if
the world was happy) and it should be in the Apache test suite.

> > Care to log a bug?
>
> It's possible that Marc has already fixed it.  I'll try again later
> and log bug if it's still broken.

If I fixed it, then I am even better than I thought.

I hopefully have added a workaround to avoid it from getting a SEGV, and I
have noted it in the ever-growing-never-shrinking list of screwed up crap
on Win32.