Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Andrew Pennebaker <ap...@42six.com> on 2013/08/16 15:35:16 UTC

Automating nutch installation

I think it would make nutch installation easier if we released standardized
packages.

For example, the Nutch tutorial calls for manually downloading a ZIP,
extracting the contents, installing ant, compiling nutch with ant, and
adjusting PATH.

What if instead, Ubuntu users could simply "apt-get install nutch", the
same way you can install wget with "apt-get install wget"?

Similarly, we could help out Mac developers by submitting a
Homebrew<http://brew.sh/> formula
for nutch, and Windows developers would enjoy a
Chocolatey<http://chocolatey.org/> package.
The easier the installation process, the more people want to use nutch!

Re: Automating nutch installation

Posted by Andrew Pennebaker <ap...@42six.com>.
Done.

On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 3:03 PM, Nicholas Roberts <niccolo.roberts@gmail.com