Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Eric Li <er...@yahoo.com> on 2010/04/22 06:05:33 UTC

certificate authentication

Hi,

I know qpid c++ broker supports certificate authentication, I would like to know whether the c++ broker verifies the client certificate against CRL (certificate revoked list).  Thanks.

li

Re: certificate authentication

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 04/24/2010 02:52 AM, Eric Li wrote:
> Thanks.  I just gave a trial with the following command on ubuntu.
>
> sudo ./src/qpidd --auth no --load-module /usr/lib/libssl3.so --ssl-cert-db /home/amqp/server_db --ssl-cert-password-file /home/amqp/ok.pwd --ssl-cert-name localhost.domain
> 2010-04-20 05:44:12 critical Unexpected error: Error in command line options: unknown option ssl-cert-db
> Use --help to see valid options
>
> I built the qpid from the source distribution and do not see the ssl.so module under the .src/.lib/ folder.  Do I miss anything here?

Do you have nss installed? If so does your config.log show it being
picked up ok (e.g. grep nss config.log, or if you used cmake
CMakeCache.txt)?

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: certificate authentication

Posted by Eric Li <er...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks.  I just gave a trial with the following command on ubuntu.

sudo ./src/qpidd --auth no --load-module /usr/lib/libssl3.so --ssl-cert-db /home/amqp/server_db --ssl-cert-password-file /home/amqp/ok.pwd --ssl-cert-name localhost.domain
2010-04-20 05:44:12 critical Unexpected error: Error in command line options: unknown option ssl-cert-db
Use --help to see valid options

I built the qpid from the source distribution and do not see the ssl.so module under the .src/.lib/ folder.  Do I miss anything here?

Thanks,
li

________________________________
Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
Hi Li,

> Thanks Steve for the quick response.

You're welcome.

> Can you tell me where I can specify the crl location that
> contains the list of revoked certificates info?

I believe that's part of the certificate database you're already passing
to qpidd, but I'm not 100% clear on that.

-Steve

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.
Hi Li,