Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Wordit Ltd <wo...@googlemail.com> on 2010/11/08 20:21:25 UTC

Authentication URLs

I've been trying to authenticate via a URL to access a document with
reader restrictions.

I thought this would work, but no dice:

http://user:pass@example.com/db/_design/db/mydoc.html

Is this possible, am I just doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Marcus

Re: Authentication URLs

Posted by Doug <do...@gmail.com>.
I can't get this to work for me either. :/

You might have to use cookie auth to login and then try the url without the
user:pass@ bit...

~
doug.

Re: Authentication URLs

Posted by Wordit Ltd <wo...@googlemail.com>.

Re: Authentication URLs

Posted by Benjamin Young <be...@couchone.com>.
Marcus,

That should work fine as long as your CouchDB instance is listening on port
80. If you're on the default 5984, then you should change the URL to include
the port "....com:5984/db/...."

I've left that out countless times without realizing it until I get failed
authentication or replication trouble.

Later,
Benjamin