Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Kessler CTR Mark J <ma...@usmc.mil> on 2012/11/16 14:50:55 UTC

RE: [POLL] - Must Flex 5 be a complete rewrite or can flex code base be re-architecture?

Option 2 ... +1

   I would think the community is already based around the current framework.  Having more deployed targets based on what we have currently sounds like a way to broaden our target audience.

   How about we continue to correct and fix the current Flex framework.  Could we start a new namespace that we could use to build up a partial new framework for a future transition to?  It just feels like rewriting everything from scratch would take a long time and would basically be a separate project.

   I'm also envisioning the amount of work the developers using Flex will have to go through to convert to a completely new framework.

-Mark

Posted by Antonio Ortiz <ze...@hotmail.com>.
Option 2 ... +1 this time, the next we  NEED a complete re write

Posted by Kessler CTR Mark J <ma...@usmc.mil>.
As an extra complication, I would hope that whatever the end state is, it supports client certificates from the OS's certificate store to make SSL connections.  Currently browser based apps and Air apps can do this easily.

-Mark

Posted by sébastien Paturel <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ian Appleby <Ia...@bcs.org>.
To be clear, would the intention here to be a limited subset for
multi-platform, with everything maintained for swf legacy?
Perhaps dumping mx and keeping spark, or some subtler equiv?  Or to have mx
as an additional module only available on swf?

- Ian

Posted by Kessler CTR Mark J <ma...@usmc.mil>.

Posted by sébastien Paturel <se...@gmail.com>.