Posted to asp@perl.apache.org by Tim Pushor <ti...@crossthread.com> on 2004/01/12 04:34:56 UTC

Followup Re: Weird Apache::ASP Error

Duh, Apache::ASP doesn't seem to like exit's from the script. my bad.

I am trying to keep the script as generic as possible so it would be
able to run under CGI.PM. I just tried using a return from the main
script and it worked fine. Is this the recommended approach to exiting a
script midstream?

Re: Followup Re: Weird Apache::ASP Error

Posted by Josh Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.
Tim Pushor wrote:
> Duh, Apache::ASP doesn't seem to like exit's from the script. my bad.
>
> I am trying to keep the script as generic as possible so it would be
> able to run under CGI.PM. I just tried using a return from the main
> script and it worked fine. Is this the recommended approach to exiting a
> script midstream?

Exiting a script midstream is best by doing $Response->End, however
doing a return() is fine to exit the script or an include for that matter,
as includes are also compiled into subroutines.

Regards,

Josh