Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Abdul Patel <ab...@gmail.com> on 2018/04/18 15:39:03 UTC

Logback-tools.xml

Hey All,

I have instakled 3.11.2 and i see 2 new files ..logback-tools.xml and
-jaas.config ..

What are they used for ?

Re: Logback-tools.xml

Posted by Michael Shuler <mi...@pbandjelly.org>.
On 04/18/2018 10:39 AM, Abdul Patel wrote:

> I have instakled 3.11.2 and i see 2 new files ..logback-tools.xml and
> -jaas.config ..
>
> What are they used for ?

logback-tools.xml is the logback configuration for all the tools under
bin/ and tools/bin/, so you could change the root log level for the cli
tools, for example. (logback.xml is for the main Cassandra server
logging config.)

cassandra-jaas.config is the configuration for integrated JMX
authentication added in CASSANDRA-10091.
https://cassandra.apache.org/doc/latest/operating/security.html#cassandra-integrated-auth

--
Kind regards,
Michael