Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by tsvetelin <ts...@rushmore-digital.com> on 2003/09/05 09:24:13 UTC

new Tree release

Hi Simon,

>I'm using it right now and I had to change it to work with Tapestry 3.0
You mean that you are using Tapestry 2.3, are you? If you take to use the
latest Tacos-Tree it is ported to Tapestry 3.0 so I think you will not have
a problem with Tapestry 3.0.

>When do you think the new Tree release will be available?
Here are few things :
1. The first one is when the Tree will be added to contrib library. To be
done this it is required to be changed the package names and to be added ASL
agreements. From my point of view the fear value is in the Tapestry 3.1
release. Yesterday was a vote for "Tapestry release 3.0-beta-3" in
developers mailing list and I am not familiar to add it in this release
because the Tree could have some problems (related to refactoring).

2. The second thing is when will be made the things from my last post. I
expect to be done ASAP (in release 3.1 too). But I see a little problem of
developing the dynamic tree node loading (using XML) because at this time I
don't know a JavaScript XML parser with license familiar to ASL. Does
someone know such JavaScript XML parser? The decision could be: I know a
parser with GPL/LGPL license so this part of the tree could be made as a
part to Tacos-Tree project but will use the Tree component/engine from
contrib library.

Tsvetelin.

Posted by Simon Raveh <Si...@nominum.com>.
Actually I d use Tapestry 3.0 beta-2 but I guess I don't have the latest
release of the Tacos-Tree because  in the simple tree example you are using
"field-binding" which is no longer supported.

Simon

>I'm using it right now and I had to change it to work with Tapestry 3.0
You mean that you are using Tapestry 2.3, are you? If you take to use the
latest Tacos-Tree it is ported to Tapestry 3.0 so I think you will not have
a problem with Tapestry 3.0.

>When do you think the new Tree release will be available?
Here are few things :
1. The first one is when the Tree will be added to contrib library. To be
done this it is required to be changed the package names and to be added ASL
agreements. From my point of view the fear value is in the Tapestry 3.1
release. Yesterday was a vote for "Tapestry release 3.0-beta-3" in
developers mailing list and I am not familiar to add it in this release
because the Tree could have some problems (related to refactoring).

2. The second thing is when will be made the things from my last post. I
expect to be done ASAP (in release 3.1 too). But I see a little problem of
developing the dynamic tree node loading (using XML) because at this time I
don't know a JavaScript XML parser with license familiar to ASL. Does
someone know such JavaScript XML parser? The decision could be: I know a
parser with GPL/LGPL license so this part of the tree could be made as a
part to Tacos-Tree project but will use the Tree component/engine from
contrib library.

Tsvetelin.

When do you think the new Tree release will be available?
I'm using it right now and I had to change it to work with Tapestry 3.0

Thanks Simon