Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Aaron G <he...@yahoo.com> on 2001/08/27 15:44:19 UTC

Any tech docs on the struct of the project.....

on how all the pieces fit together?  I trying to
understand the how MessageContext, Message,
AxisEngine, transport...etc, all fit together.

Does anyone have good technical doc that
explains the structure of the
project, a little more than just a
high level abstract view?

I understand that it is a work in progress, but
looking to try to get involved and just need a
good overview.

Thanks, hep

http://phonecard.yahoo.com/

Re: Any tech docs on the struct of the project.....

Posted by Glen Daniels <gd...@macromedia.com>.
Hi Aaron!

You might take a look at
http://www.thoughtcraft.com/~glen/axis/MessagePath.htm for a walkthrough of
typical message processing.

A couple of notes about things that aren't quite right with that picture,
though:

1) The Transport piece isn't really two separate chains, it's two parts of
the same thing.  Look in AxisServer.invoke() to see how this works.

2) It doesn't mention the fact that the MessageContext is made up of a) a
Request Message, b) a Response Message, and c) an extensible bag of
properties.

I'll try to update it at some point, and get it into the docs in the
architecture description section, but it might help to see a visual
depiction of a message moving through the system.

--Glen