Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by CA Lillo <ca...@gmail.com> on 2022/05/12 17:32:12 UTC

spread sheet keeps crashing after 10 to 15 minutes and I lose my data

Even after going to the Community support, no one seems to have a quick fix
to stop this problem.  Some say to stop the auto Updates when coming on,
yet there is no easy instructions.

If you could send me some easy instructions to get my spread sheet from
stop crashing after 15 minutes, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Charles Lillo
850 602 5161

Virus-free.
www.avg.com
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Re: spread sheet keeps crashing after 10 to 15 minutes and I lose my data

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Thu, 12 May 2022 12:32:12 -0500
CA Lillo <ca...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Even after going to the Community support, no one seems to have a quick fix
> to stop this problem.  Some say to stop the auto Updates when coming on,
> yet there is no easy instructions.
>
> If you could send me some easy instructions to get my spread sheet from
> stop crashing after 15 minutes, I would appreciate it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Charles Lillo
> 850 602 5161

Start Windows in Safe Mode (Search for how) and run OpenOffice while Windows is in that mode.  If OpenOffice runs stable, then the problem is caused by crosstalk from some driver or program that runs in Windows Normal mode, and you need to do some detective work to discover which.

When you pause to think, or for any reason, press Ctrl S, which will Save the file with its current data.

--
Rory O'Farrell