Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Ryan LeCompte <le...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/04 15:51:32 UTC

Concurrently load data into Hive tables?

Hey guys,

Is it possible to concurrently load data into Hive tables (same table,
different partition)? I'd like to concurrently execute the LOAD DATA command
by two separate processes.

Is Hive thread-safe in this regard? Or is it best to run the LOAD DATA
commands serially? How about running two Hive queries concurrently that both
output their results into different partitions of another Hive table?

Thanks!

Ryan

Re: Concurrently load data into Hive tables?

Posted by Ryan LeCompte <le...@gmail.com>.
Thanks boss!!

Posted by Zheng Shao <zs...@gmail.com>.

--