Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Arun Kumar Selvamani <as...@cisco.com> on 2002/04/18 20:01:42 UTC

Turbine ,Velocity and XSLT

Gurus ,
I am presently using Turbine and Velocity for my project , I would like
to use the XSLT service also along with it .

The navigation items (top bar , menu bar will be driven by velocity) ,
but the screen has to be  driven by XSLT service

Thanks in advance,
Arun

Re: Turbine ,Velocity and XSLT

Posted by Leon Messerschmidt <le...@opticode.co.za>.
Hi Arun,

These days I'm not much more than a lurker on the list, but have a look
at VelocityXSLLayout and the XSLTService

~ Leon

Posted by James Taylor <jt...@4lane.com>.
On Thu, 2002-04-18 at 17:18, Jon Scott Stevens wrote:
> on 4/18/02 11:01 AM, "Arun Kumar Selvamani" <as...@cisco.com> wrote:
>
> > Gurus ,
> > I am presently using Turbine and Velocity for my project , I would like
> > to use the XSLT service also along with it .
> >
> > The navigation items (top bar , menu bar will be driven by velocity) ,
> > but the screen has to be  driven by XSLT service
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> > Arun
>
> Use DVSL instead.

Ack! DVSL is great but there are still many things that XSLT does
better, for example, xsl:copy which is completely vital for many
transformations. DVSL is also quite inefficient because it is text
oriented rather than node oriented. In many ways I feel it is totally
inappropriate for transforming XML to XML, although it is nice to have
something with a bit cleaner syntax, and it works well for generating
text.

> Also, what is your question?

Indeed, what was your question? Hopefully we can help you to use the
right tool for the job, whatever it may be.

-- jt

Re: Turbine ,Velocity and XSLT

Posted by Jon Scott Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 4/18/02 11:01 AM, "Arun Kumar Selvamani" <as...@cisco.com> wrote:

> Gurus ,
> I am presently using Turbine and Velocity for my project , I would like
> to use the XSLT service also along with it .
>
> The navigation items (top bar , menu bar will be driven by velocity) ,
> but the screen has to be  driven by XSLT service
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Arun

Use DVSL instead.

Also, what is your question?

-jon

--
Nixon: "At least with liquor, I don't lose motivation."