Posted to builds@apache.org by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org> on 2016/09/28 22:44:29 UTC

Status of ubuntu-eu3?

Hi,

I noticed that we have a new ubuntu-eu3 slave. However, it's not tied
to any labels and not mentioned at [1].

Is this slave OK to use? Does it match the configuration of the slaves
labeled 'Ubuntu'?

Thanks,

Robert

[1]:�https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INFRA/Jenkins+node+lab
els

RE: Status of ubuntu-eu3?

Posted by Gavin McDonald <ga...@16degrees.com.au>.
Hi Robert,

Its ok to use if you don’t mind things breaking short term, it is 'mostly' the same
as the other Ubuntu labelled machines with 2 exceptions:-

1. It runs on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, the rest are currently 14.04 LTS
2. Some packages need to be rebuilt for 16.04 and so are missing.

In regards to 2, its mostly the older Javas, Ant and Mavens that are missing.
The current release Javas,Ant,Mavens etc should be present.

Feel free to start using the Ubuntu-eu3 and bug us for anything amiss

Thanks!

Gav...