Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Brian Neate <bn...@alarmpoint.com> on 2007/07/17 23:26:27 UTC

Incorrect handling of boolean elements on POJO web service

Hey guys,

I'm trying to use axis2 1.1.1 to expose a POJO as a webservice.  I'm
having a problem though because it seems that ADB doesn't support
boolean elements with a value of 1.  Any time you try to submit a
request with 1 for a boolean element (which should resolve to true) you
get false for that argument in the java class.  I think I have tracked
the problem down to the SimpleTypeMapper class and the following lines
of code at line 98:

else if (name.equals(W_BOOLEAN)) {
            return Boolean.valueOf(text);

What I was wondering is:  Is there any simple way to override this
behaviour so that a boolean element with a value of 1 will be intepreted
as true?  And am I on the right track with what needs to be fixed?

Thanks,
Brian

RE: Incorrect handling of boolean elements on POJO web service

Posted by Brian Neate <bn...@alarmpoint.com>.
Thanks that answers my question perfectly.
Brian

The issues is fixed in Axis2 1.3 release and we have done a 1.3 RC1 [1]
please try it and see.

Thanks
Deepal

[1] : http://people.apache.org/~deepal/axis2/1.3-RC1/