Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Jonathan Vila <jo...@barcelonajug.org> on 2018/07/05 12:27:18 UTC

Collocating 2019 EU roadshow or/and TomcatCon with .JBCNConf 2019

Hi

We've been thinking on collocating EU roadshow or/and TomcatCon with
JBCNConf ( www.jbcnconf.com) , in Barcelona for next 2019 edition.

What do you think on putting forces together ?

Jonathan Vila
--
Barcelona Java Users Group Leader
<http://barcelonajug.org/>

Re: Collocating 2019 EU roadshow or/and TomcatCon with .JBCNConf 2019

Posted by Krzysztof Sobkowiak <kr...@gmail.com>.
I think too it's a good dea. Many people attend JBCNConf and it wpuld be nice to be able to attend
the Roadshow at the same trip.

Best regards
Krzysztof

--
Krzysztof Sobkowiak (@ksobkowiak)

Senior Delivery Architect @ Capgemini SSC (http://www.capgeminisoftware.pl/)

Re: Collocating 2019 EU roadshow or/and TomcatCon with .JBCNConf 2019

Posted by Krzysztof Sobkowiak <kr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bilgin Ibryam <bi...@gmail.com>.

--
Bilgin Ibryam
ASF Member | Architect at Red Hat

Kubernetes Patterns http://leanpub.com/k8spatterns (in progress)
Camel Design Patterns https://leanpub.com/camel-design-patterns

Re: Collocating 2019 EU roadshow or/and TomcatCon with .JBCNConf 2019

Posted by Bilgin Ibryam <bi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Jonathan,

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Collocating 2019 EU roadshow or/and TomcatCon with .JBCNConf 2019

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

On 07/06/2018 09:22 AM, Ignasi Barrera wrote:
> Yes, I'm stepping up to do that and to be the primary contact between
> JBCNConf and the ASF.
> And I'll be happy to take the tasks and responsibilities to make it happen
> and coordinate with you, this list, and Jonathan.

Awesome. Then we're all on board.

Now, I just have to figure out how to justify coming myself. :) I love
Barcelona.

Posted by Ignasi Barrera <na...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jonathan Vila <jo...@barcelonajug.org>.
Hi

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

Posted by Ignasi Barrera <na...@apache.org>.
Hi!

I also think it is a great initiative, and JBCNConf is a great conference.
Collocating TomcatCon or the EU roadshow could be great idea.
I'm based in Barcelona and would be more than happy to help make this
happen, so count on me!

I.

Posted by Jonathan Vila <jo...@barcelonajug.org>.
Hi Rich

1. Tracks
>> we have had from 4 to 6 tracks. We can think of ways having both
conferences on 1, without losing their names.
One idea could be X tracks for JBCNConf and Y tracks for Apache, *or
another idea would be to have 5 tracks, with a certain number of talks for
Apache .....*
Remember , we are more than happy to cover the Apache stuff, and in some
cases we've done already..... so a talk good for Apache is also good for
us. Only that we will cover more topics that are not directly on interest
of Apache.
In this sense, how many talks you ussually have ? how many talks would you
like to have at minimum ? We will host the JBCNConf on 3 days, 2 for talks
and 1 for workshops ( also here there's a big potencial to fit Apache
content obviously, and we already have covered some  )

2. Cost
Well, we will have our own negotiated sponsors, as we have had from past
editions. What will be good is that any help Apache can provide to have a
bigger conference together will be awesome. We dont have a minimum of costs
Apache should cover.... we are a bunch of developers ;) we are more than
happy having a super big conference with lots of topics of interest, great
speakers, and lots of developers coming..... So, we have an economic
potential, so all the power Apache can provide that would make a bigger and
bigger conference.
Apart from that, we should also talk later about which are the expenses
that we dont usually have at JBCNConf but Apache wants to have ( special
services, or printing differet material, etc ).

Best

Jonathan Vila

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

Posted by Jonathan Vila <jo...@barcelonajug.org>.