Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Michael Jouravlev <jm...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/09 20:53:05 UTC

Re: problems with IE browser when disabling cache

On 8/9/05, temp temp <mi...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>   I am  disabling the browsers chache
<skipped>
>    This works fine . Everytime  a user clicks
> browsers  back or forward  button  internet explorer
> displays    this page with the content below .
<skipped>
>    A user click refresh button and the page is again
> displyed .

Page is not just "again displayed". Instead, previous form is
resubmitted to server. Browser shows warning because the page was
generated in response to POST. If it were GET, browser would reload
the page automatically. You can use redirection to separate form
submission and page rendering into two requests: POST for submission
and GET for rendering, thus avoiding form resumbission on page reload.

> I would like to display my own page which informs user
> not to use browsers back ot forward button rather than
>   IE's default page.  Is this possible  ?

I don't think that preventing users from clicking Back of Forward
buttons is a good usability solution. Web applications are supposed to
support navigation buttons.

Michael.