Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Lo...@Level3.com on 2001/01/12 02:18:30 UTC

Container doesn't seem to allow *.do

It looks like iPlanet 6.0sp1 does not allow the servlet mapping of *.do.
How can I work around this?

Lou Farho
Sr. Engineer
Level (3) Communications, Inc.
720-888-7751

Re: Container doesn't seem to allow *.do

Posted by Steve Croft <st...@projectarena.com>.
I believe iWS 4.1 has the ability to map so maybe the same technique is
possible in the app server - I have not done this myself, so it may be
totally wrong, but check out the section, "Using Regular Expressions in
rules.properties", Appendix C,  in the iWS Programmer's Guide to Servlets:

http://docs.iplanet.com/docs/manuals/enterprise/41/servlets/contents.htm
Obviously this is indirect help since you'll have to see if something
similar exists for the App Server.

Steve

Frank Starsinic wrote:

> I noticed that as well. It seems to me that the Netscape/Iplanet server
> is always behind on supporting java thingys like the latest in the JSP spec,
> servlet spec, etc.  that's always been frustrating to me.
>
> you may have to create several x.do, y.do, z.do mappings to get it to work.
> either that or switch to apache and tomcat or Jrun.
>
> frank

AW: RE: Container doesn't seem to allow *.do

Posted by Ol...@epost.de.
Hello,

I use IPlanet6.0 sp1 as well and it works but I have the problem that I
get always the URL of the ActionServlet in the method getServletPath() although
invoked by different *.do-URLs.

Oliver Lauer
AXA Insurance
50236 Cologne