Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Tony Heal <th...@pace2020.com> on 2007/01/08 16:00:23 UTC

JAVA_HOME

I need some help in setting the JAVA_HOME environment variable to run when
the server is restarted? I use JAVA_HOME for several programs and I can not
figure out how to set this for continuum.

I can get this set in every app except apache/maven continuum. I have tried
the following in the startup script in /etc/init.d/continuum and both will
work if I log in and restart continuum manually, but do not work if the
server is restarted and I do not log in.

1)         I added the following lines at the beginning of the init script

     JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/j2re1.4.2_03

     Export JAVA_HOME

And

2) created a file with the following content

     JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/j2re1.4.2_03

     Export JAVA_HOME

I then sourced this file at the beginning of the init script

    . test.txt

I have both the variable and export lines in my profile, so when I log into
the server and start continuum it starts up and I can run a build, because
JAVA_HOME is set by the profile. If I log out continuum continues to operate
and I am still able to complete a build, apparently because the app has
already determined when JAVA_HOME is.

If I remark out the variable and export lines from my profile, continuum
will run, but I can not get a build to complete. I get these same results if
I do not log in.

With the lines remarked out in my profile I can add the JAVA_HOME to the
path and get a build to complete, but the PATH gets unset when I log out.

Any help would be great

Tony

RE: JAVA_HOME

Posted by "Morgovsky, Alexander (US - Glen Mills)" <am...@deloitte.com>.
Well, could you try to do a ps -ef and see what user the Continuum
process is running under?  This way, you could be sure that the right
profile has the JAVA_HOME variable.

[...]

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message.

Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited. [v.E.1]