Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Kevin Osborn <os...@yahoo.com> on 2009/04/02 23:25:17 UTC

newSearcher doesn't fire

I am trying to figure this out. I have a firstSearcher and a newSearcher event. They are almost identical. Upon startup, I see all the firstSearcher events in my log. I also see log events for Added SolrEventListener for both firstSearcher and newSearcher.

Next, I push out a new index. I see that my caches get regenerated and the new searcher is registered. However, I don't see my newSearcher events get fired. This is verifed in the Solr cache hits as well. And the logs show no errors or even any messages at all regarding newSearcher.

Re: newSearcher doesn't fire

Posted by Kevin Osborn <os...@yahoo.com>.
Found the issue. This was old code that I finally got around to enabling. Somebody put a slash at the end of my XML element.

Posted by Yonik Seeley <ys...@gmail.com>.