Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by jude <fl...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/20 01:16:48 UTC

Does Squiggly support Hebrew?

On the Adobe Squiggly page it says vertical and rtl text is not supported
in this current release (which release?), "Vertical text and right-to-left
(RTL) text flow is not supported in the current release of Squiggly.
(2872937, 2872937)". Does anyone know if this is outdated? Will it support
Hebrew?

In the meantime, I've made some upgrades to the SpellUIForTLF class. Please
keep those programmers out of the system and someone please get me that
Chinese language file I asked for. ...end of line.

Re: Does Squiggly support Hebrew?

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@me.com>.
Hi,

> On the Adobe Squiggly page it says vertical and rtl text is not supported
> in this current release (which release?), "Vertical text and right-to-left
> (RTL) text flow is not supported in the current release of Squiggly.
> (2872937, 2872937)". Does anyone know if this is outdated? Will it support
> Hebrew?

The donated code I believe wasn’t identical to what Adobe last release was, however I’m unsure if it supports right to left text. The best way to find out would be to try it and see, you would however require a dictionary for the language in question. Most (but not all) of these are non Adobe license comparable (LGPL). You can obtain other dictionary files from:
    http://wordlist.aspell.net/other-dicts
    http://extensions.openoffice.org
    http://hunspell.sourceforge.net

The README has instructions on how to add a new dictionary.

There is also some Squiggly examples in Tour De Flex that may help.
http://flex.apache.org/tourdeflex/?app=apache/squiggly/SpellingExExample

> In the meantime, I've made some upgrades to the SpellUIForTLF class. Please
> keep those programmers out of the system

There’s not a lot of people working on Squiggly so I think you be safe there. All contributions are of course welcome.

> and someone please get me that Chinese language file I asked for. ...end of line.

That I can’t help you with.

Thanks,
Justin