Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by 林欣欣 <li...@163.com> on 2021/11/27 10:38:46 UTC

The question of Edge-Cloud synchronization

Hi everyone,
      I am a graduate student who is studying edge computing. I have two very doubtable questions to consult everyone.
      First, I want to know why the IoTDB chose to use Tsfile’s data file incremental upload over point-by-point write during IoTDB’s cloud synchronization,  I understand this for two reasons: 1. The Tsfile file transfer reduces the amount of data transferred because of file consolidation and data compression; 2. Files sent to the cloud are organized between internal data and files, reducing duplication of work in the cloud. I don’t know if this is right?
      Second, based on the current data file uploads, would it be okay, or would it have to wait a while, to synchronize all the Edge database data (the latest unwrapped data) in the cloud?
      Can I understand that the current IoTDB synchronization module in the edge cloud is the basic phase? It can only synchronize data over a period of time, not the latest data?

     Hope to get your reply and help, thank you.

    Lin,

Re:Re: Re: The question of Edge-Cloud synchronization

Posted by 林欣欣 <li...@163.com>.
OK,thank you, I will join it

在 2021-11-28 01:41:03,"Jialin Qiao" <qi...@apache.org> 写道:

Posted by Jialin Qiao <qi...@apache.org>.