Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by elisabeth benoit <el...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/26 07:30:22 UTC

in-places update solr 5.5.2

Are in place updates available in solr 5.5.2, I find atomic updates in the
doc
https://archive.apache.org/dist/lucene/solr/ref-guide/apache-solr-ref-guide-5.5.pdf,
which redirects me to the page
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/solr/Updating+Parts+of+Documents#UpdatingPartsofDocuments-AtomicUpdates
.

On that page, for in-place updates, it says

the _*version*_ field is also a non-indexed, non-stored single valued
docValues field

when I try this with solr 5.5.2 I get an error message

org.apache.solr.common.SolrException:org.apache.solr.common.SolrException:
Unable to use updateLog: _version_ field must exist in schema, using
indexed=\"true\" or docValues=\"true\", stored=\"true\" and
multiValued=\"false\" (_version_ is not stored

What I'm looking for is a way to update one field of a doc without erasing
the non stored fields. Is this possible in solr 5.5.2?

best regards,
Elisabeth

Re: in-places update solr 5.5.2

Posted by elisabeth benoit <el...@gmail.com>.