Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Tom Bentley <tb...@scottlogic.co.uk> on 2007/03/28 12:27:48 UTC

RTF output with images

Hi,

I'm trying to produce RTF output with embedded images from within a servlet.
The RTF output document is missing the images. In their place is a stack
trace like the following (text in the RTF document is unaffected):

org.apache.fop.render.rtf.rtflib.rtfdoc.RtfExternalGraphic$ExternalGraphicEx
ception

org.apache.fop.render.rtf.rtflib.rtfdoc.RtfExternalGraphic$ExternalGraphicEx
ception: The attribute 'url' of <fo:external-graphic> is null.

My interpretation of this is that the RTF formatter is trying to access the
'url' attribute of <fo:external-graphic> element and the reason it can't
find it is that the attribute is actually called 'src'.

Due to the environment the servlet operates in, I'm using my own URIResolver
to actually get the images, but since this works fine for PDF output, I
assume the problem is with the RTF output classes.

Has anyone seen this problem before? Is there a work around?

Thanks

Tom