Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by Idan Fridman <id...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/24 10:21:52 UTC

Idea for new Bolt

Hi All,

recently I had to implement a http-async-request inside Storm topology's
bolt.

I had to deal with Threads, async response, etc..

I was relaying on external library:
https://github.com/AsyncHttpClient/async-http-client

 I thought about take my case and make it generic by contribute a new
bolt(AsyncHttpBolt).

The bolt will take tuple as input and convert it into request.
the async response also will be received and converted into an output tuple
and auto emitted.

This bolt will be configured by an input-mapper so the implementation (url,
query params, etc..) will be up to the user.

What do you think?

thanks,
Idan.

Re: Idea for new Bolt