Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org> on 2021/03/12 22:26:14 UTC

[VOTE] First release candidate for HBase 2.4.2 (RC0) is available

Please vote on this Apache HBase release candidate, hbase-2.4.2RC0.

The VOTE will remain open for at least 72 hours.

[ ] +1 Release this package as Apache HBase 2.4.2

The tag to be voted on is 2.4.2RC0:

    https://github.com/apache/hbase/tree/2.4.2RC0

The release files, including signatures, digests, as well as CHANGES.md
and RELEASENOTES.md included in this RC can be found at:

    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/2.4.2RC0/

Temporary Maven artifacts are available in the staging repository:

    https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1437/

Artifacts were signed with the apurtell@apache.org key which can be found
in:

    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/hbase/KEYS

The API compatibility report for this RC can be found at:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/2.4.2RC0/api_compare_2.4.1_to_2.4.2RC0.html

The ChoreService changes are allowed because it is marked Public
by mistake and will be made Private as follow up, please see
HBASE-25521.

We performed the following successful pre-flight checks before
announcing this RC:

    - Unit tests
      e.g.
https://ci-hadoop.apache.org/job/HBase/job/HBase%20Nightly/job/branch-2.4/68/

    - 1 billion row IntegrationTestBigLinkedList with
      slowDeterministic policy

    - 1 billion row IntegrationTestBigLinkedList with
      slowDeterminstic policy and active cross-cluster
      replication, with verification step performed on both
      clusters

To learn more about Apache HBase, please see

    http://hbase.apache.org/

Thanks,
Your HBase Release Manager

[RESULT] [VOTE] First release candidate for HBase 2.4.2 (RC0) is available

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
With four binding +1s, including my own, this vote passes.

Thanks to all who voted on this release candidate!

Finalizing now, will send the announcement soon.

--
Best regards,
Andrew

decrepit hands
   - A23, Crosstalk

Re: [VOTE] First release candidate for HBase 2.4.2 (RC0) is available

Posted by Jan Hentschel <ja...@ultratendency.com>.
+1 (binding).

Used the vote script and received the following results

* Signature: ok
* Checksum : ok
* Rat check (1.8.0_202-ea): ok
         - mvn clean apache-rat:check
* Built from source (1.8.0_202-ea): ok
         - mvn clean install  -DskipTests
* Unit tests pass (1.8.0_202-ea): ok
         - mvn package -P runSmallTests  -Dsurefire.rerunFailingTestsCount=3

Additionally, reviewed the CHANGES and API reports.

From: Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>
Date: Friday, March 12, 2021 at 11:26 PM
To: dev <de...@hbase.apache.org>
Subject: [VOTE] First release candidate for HBase 2.4.2 (RC0) is available

Artifacts were signed with the apurtell@apache.org<ma...@apache.org> key which can be found

Posted by Viraj Jasani <vj...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

* Signature: ok
* Checksum : ok
* Rat check (1.8.0_171): ok
 - mvn clean apache-rat:check
* Built from source (1.8.0_171): ok
 - mvn clean install  -DskipTests
* Unit tests pass (1.8.0_171): ok
 - mvn package -P runAllTests  -Dsurefire.rerunFailingTestsCount=3

[WARNING] Flakes:
[WARNING] org.apache.hadoop.hbase.io.hfile.bucket.TestVerifyBucketCacheFile.testRetrieveFromFile[0: blockSize=8,192, bucketSizes=null]
[ERROR]   Run 1: TestVerifyBucketCacheFile.testRetrieveFromFile:136
[INFO]   Run 2: PASS

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
We have enough binding votes to close this vote. I'm going to do so
tomorrow, unless if anyone is still working on it, then please write back
before then. Thanks!

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
+1

Sig and hash are good.
Reviewed CHANGES and API docs.
Built binary tgz from scratch (Licenses are good)
Loaded up some data and verified it there.
UI looks good. Shell works.