Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Priti Solanki <pr...@gmail.com> on 2014/05/29 11:11:26 UTC

SolrCloud distributed indexing

Hi,

How to achieve distributed indexing in solr cloud.I have external Zookeeper
with two separate machines acting as leader.

In researching further I found

As of now we are specifying the port id in our "update" call and if the
leader is down zookeeper do not forward the request to other leader for
indexing instead the call fails. As I understand it is because of the port
I have specified but then how to achieve this requirement.

I have tried following

http://localhost:8888/solr/collection1/update?update.processor=distrib&self=localhost:8888/solr&shards=localhost:8983/solr,localhost:7574/solr,localhost:8888/solr

but this is not working, Can some one outline the steps or redirect me to
proper notes where I can go though the steps.

Re: SolrCloud distributed indexing

Posted by rulinma <ru...@gmail.com>.
use one is ok. solrCloud will route it, but use cloudserver is a good choice.

Re: SolrCloud distributed indexing

Posted by Shalin Shekhar Mangar <sh...@gmail.com>.
If you are using Java to index/query, then use CloudSolrServer which
accepts the ZooKeeper connection string as a constructor parameter and it
will take care of routing requests and failover.

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 2:41 PM, Priti Solanki <pr...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How to achieve distributed indexing in solr cloud.I have external Zookeeper
> with two separate machines acting as leader.
>
> In researching further I found
>
> As of now we are specifying the port id in our "update" call and if the
> leader is down zookeeper do not forward the request to other leader for
> indexing instead the call fails. As I understand it is because of the port
> I have specified but then how to achieve this requirement.
>
> I have tried following
>

> http://localhost:8888/solr/collection1/update?update.processor=distrib&self=localhost:8888/solr&shards=localhost:8983/solr,localhost:7574/solr,localhost:8888/solr
>

> but this is not working, Can some one outline the steps or redirect me to
> proper notes where I can go though the steps.

Shalin Shekhar Mangar.