Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Jo Giraerts <wh...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/02 11:24:32 UTC

solving a particular query

Hi,

I'm just starting with couchdb and have been reading up on views. Most of
the queries i want to do, i can get done with simple views, but 1 seems to
escape me.

I want to do something like this: SELECT * FROM blogposts WHERE title LIKE
'%searchterm%' OR author LIKE '%searchterm%' OR body LIKE '%searchterm%'

Is there a way to do this with views or should i resort to querying multiple
views and combining the resultsets mysql?

Thanks,

Jo Giraerts

Re: solving a particular query

Posted by Jo Giraerts <wh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the quick replies! i'm off checking out that route then :)

I temporarily glue the results of various queries together and did some
custom matching in my app, but the more work i can get the db to do, the
better :)

Posted by Metin Akat <ak...@gmail.com>.
The best way to this so far is to use a full text search engine.
Have a look at couchdb-lucene