Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Dave Bartmess <di...@edingo.net> on 2002/04/17 19:48:29 UTC

Multiple websites on one IP address?

I'm a relative newbie to Linux, and definitely to Apache. I'm trying to
figure out (and I've read the docs and faqs and archived messages)
whether I can do a multiple website webserver on one single IP address.

Basically, I'm trying to create two websites, one personal, and one
company, for testing purposes before I put it on the respective ISP's
webhost servers.

But everything I've tried comes up badly. My httpd.conf (the relevant
parts, I think) is below, but no matter what I do, I can't get both
websites to act independently. Either they both point to the base
DocRoot folder for the <VirtualHost *> statement, or they both tell me I
don't have permission to see the file(s).

Please help.. I'm lost in documentation!!

### Main Configuration Section
### You really shouldn't change these settings unless you're a guru
###
NameVirtualHost *
Options ExecCgi Includes FollowSymlinks
ServerType standalone
ServerRoot /etc/httpd
ServerName dingo.home
LockFile /etc/httpd/httpd.lock
PidFile /var/run/httpd.pid
ScoreBoardFile /etc/httpd/httpd.scoreboard
ErrorLog logs/error_log
LogLevel warn
ResourceConfig /dev/null
AccessConfig /dev/null
DocumentRoot /var/www/html

<Directory /var/www/html/its/>
	Options ExecCgi Includes FollowSymlinks
	allow from 10.0.0. 127.0.0.1
</Directory>
<Directory /var/www/html/edingo.net/*>
	Options ExecCgi Includes FollowSymlinks
	require valid-user
	allow from 10.0.0. 127.0.0.1
	AllowOverride AuthConfig Options
</Directory>

<VirtualHost *>
	Options ExecCgi Includes FollowSymlinks
	DirectoryIndex default.htm default.html index.htm index.html 	UserDir
enabled root user1 user2
	ServerName dingo.home
	DocumentRoot /var/www/html/
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *>
	Options ExecCgi Includes FollowSymlinks
	DirectoryIndex default.htm default.html index.htm index.html  	UserDir
enabled root user1 user2
	ServerName edingo.home
	ServerAlias www.edingo.home
	ServerPath /edingo.net/
	DocumentRoot /var/www/html/edingo.net/
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *>
	Options ExecCgi Includes FollowSymlinks
	DirectoryIndex default.htm default.html index.htm index.html 	UserDir
enabled root user1 user2
	ServerName its.home
	ServerAlias www.its.home
	ServerPath /its.home/
	DocumentRoot /var/www/html/its/
</VirtualHost>

RE: Multiple websites on one IP address?

Posted by Sebastian Wolfgarten <se...@gmx.net>.
hi dave,

take a look at the namevirtualhost
directive and the apache docs.