Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Vijay Shanker <ov...@usa.net> on 2001/03/05 19:05:00 UTC

documentation/7359: 2.0a9 does not support the option %D in LogFormats to log the time taken per request in microseconds.

>Number:         7359
>Category:       documentation
>Synopsis:       2.0a9 does not support the option %D in LogFormats to log the time taken per request in microseconds.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
Following are the lines from my httpd.conf-
LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b %D" common
CustomLog /opt/ipac/apache_httpd/logs/access_log common

When I restart Apache I get the error message "Unrecognized LogFormat directive %D".

But the documentation says -
%...D:          The time taken to serve the request, in microseconds.

My actual problem is to log the time taken by a request in micro seconds.
I have gone thru the code and in the file mod_log_config.c, "D" is not considered to be a valid argument altogether.
>How-To-Repeat:
Include "%D" in the logformat as below -
LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b %D" common
CustomLog /opt/ipac/apache_httpd/logs/access_log common

and restart apache.
>Fix:
One more entry for 'D' can be added to the structure "log_item_list" with the corresponding function "log_request_duration_inms".

Add a function "log_request_duration_inms" returning just (do not divide with APR_USEC_PER_SEC)
-return apr_psprintf(r->pool, "%ld", (apr_now() - r->request_time)
                                           );
 [to include <ap...@Apache.Org> in the Cc line and make sure the]