Posted to user@spark.apache.org by satish chandra j <js...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/31 06:07:16 UTC

Spark SQL vs Spark Programming

HI All,

As a developer I understand certain scenario's can be achieved by Spark SQL
and Spark Programming(RDD transformation). More over I need to consider the
below points:
        Performance
        Implementation approach
        Specific use cases suitable for each of the approach

Could you please let me know pro's & con's of these implementations

Thanks for your support

Regards,
Satish Chandra

Re: Spark SQL vs Spark Programming

Posted by Rishitesh Mishra <ri...@gmail.com>.
There is an interesting article comparing Dataframes ( and sql queries on
them )and RDD Apis performance and trying to figure out  use  cases for
each. Not comprehensive but still useful to know.

http://www.adsquare.com/comparing-performance-of-spark-dataframes-api-to-spark-rdd
Any inputs would be highly appreciated to get a better understanding

Regards,
Satish Chandra

Posted by satish chandra j <js...@gmail.com>.