Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Yosi Botzer <yo...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/08 17:13:25 UTC

offset-management-in-kafka

Hi,

I have seen this presentation:
http://www.slideshare.net/jjkoshy/offset-management-in-kafka

describing a new approach for offset management.

I wanted to know from which kafka version this option will be available and
will it be available by default

Thanks
Yosi

Re: offset-management-in-kafka

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gs...@cloudera.com>.
You are looking at the newer, and not-ready-yet consumer there.

The configuration you are looking for is defined here:
core/src/main/scala/kafka/consumer/ConsumerConfig.scala

Gwen

Posted by Yosi Botzer <yo...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Yosi Botzer <yo...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Gwan,

Are there any plans to change the default from zookeeper to kafka in the
future?

Posted by Gwen Shapira <gs...@cloudera.com>.