Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Ludwig Magnusson <lu...@itcatapult.com> on 2009/11/06 13:37:07 UTC

New devloper, hard to find documentation

Hi!

I would like to write a plug-in for maven. Some of the features seems pretty
generic and I'm guessing that they exist in some module but I can't find
documentation anywhere. I am wondering what components to use for the
features described below and/or where on the site to look for this
information. I can't find it.

Features I want to implement:

.         Retrieve all the dependencies for a project

.         Copy the jar-files for all those dependencies to a specific folder

Doesn't seem to hard?

This page http://maven.apache.org/ref/2.2.1/index.html lists all the modules
but there seems to be no information about them, which I find strange. Or
have I misunderstood anything?

/Ludwig

RE: New devloper, hard to find documentation

Posted by Ludwig Magnusson <lu...@itcatapult.com>.
Thank you, that solved my problem.

> .         Retrieve all the dependencies for a project
>
> .         Copy the jar-files for all those dependencies to a specific
folder

Resources that might be helpful:

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-dependency-plugin/copy-dependencies-mo
jo.html
(and its source code)
http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/Mojo+Developer+Cookbook

Benjamin

Re: New devloper, hard to find documentation

Posted by Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu>.

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-dependency-plugin/copy-dependencies-mojo.html

Martin Gainty