Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ju...@VerizonWireless.com on 2003/04/16 17:29:30 UTC

Receiving error "Missing message for key"

I know this topic has been mentioned before but I continue to get this error
even thought I am following the documentation.
I am using Struts 1.0.2. Tomcat 3.2.3 soon to be Tomcat 4.1.24 running on a
Sun Solaris machine.
In my web.xml file I have defined the following server init param:
<servlet>
    <servlet-name>action</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>app4edictl_webreports.struts.App4EdiCtlActionServlet</servlet
-class>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>application</param-name>

<param-value>app4edictl_webreports.struts.myApplicationResources</param-valu
e>
    </init-param>
    <init-param>
      <param-name>config</param-name>
    </init-param>
..etc

When I deploy the application using a WAR file the
'myApplicationResources.properties' file is put on the
/WEB-INF/classes/app4edictl_webreports.struts directory of my webapp. When
accessing a JSP that used the tag <bean:message
key="reportselection.title"/>  I receive a exception "Missing message for
key reportseletion.title".
The reportselection.title key is present in the properties file. I can
resolve this error by adding the entire path to the classes directory of my
webapp to the CLASSPATH but do not want to do this. Example if I add:
/opt/home/apache/tomcat-3.2.3/webapps/Webreports/WEB-INF/classes to the
CLASSPATH I do not get the exception and the page is displayed correctly.
When I remove the path from the CLASSPATH and restart Tomcat the error
returns.
Can anyone help me resolve this issue and is there a different solution for
Tomcat 4x vs Tomcat 3x?
Thanks in advance...