Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Peymon Nicky <pa...@yahoo.com> on 2001/04/17 18:00:52 UTC

SERVLET problem for a beginer

    I installed Apache and Tomcat . I use Tomcat

    in stand-alone mode . My Apache is working

    fine .

    I have these problems :

       1. How can I know that Tomcat is working ?

       2. How can I install a servlet  in it ?

   Thanks

http://auctions.yahoo.com/

RE: SERVLET problem for a beginer

Posted by Gael Oberson <go...@swissonline.ch>.

       1. How can I know that Tomcat is working ?

You can browse the tomcat page that comes with your tomcat installation and
try the examples if they work, that's done...
(http://your_site:8080)

       2. How can I install a servlet  in it ?

Edit the server.xml, web.xml files, study them with the tomcat doc (on the
net), and if you don't understand, you can ask with more precise questions.

Good luck!!