Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Miles Egan <mi...@caddr.com> on 2003/06/02 18:20:57 UTC

any way to match on http request type

Is there any way to match/select in the pipeline for the HTTP method
used in the request?  I'd like to write a pipeline for handling PUT
requests.

--
Miles Egan <mi...@caddr.com>

Re: any way to match on http request type

Posted by Christian Haul <ha...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>.
On 02.Jun.2003 -- 09:20 AM, Miles Egan wrote:
> Is there any way to match/select in the pipeline for the HTTP method
> used in the request?  I'd like to write a pipeline for handling PUT
> requests.

Another possibility is to construct your own Matcher from the
(Caching)WildCardMatcher in o.a.c.matching.modular and the
RequestInputModule :

	 <!-- ... -->

  <map:matchers default="wildcard">
    <map:matcher name="host-matcher"
                 logger="sitemap.matcher.wildcard"
                 src="org.apache.cocoon.matching.modular.CachingWildcardMatcher">
      <input-module name="request"/>
	  <parameter-name>serverName</parameter-name>
    </map:matcher>

	 <!-- ... -->

  </map:matchers>

	 <!-- ... -->

     <map:match type="host-matcher" pattern="localhost">
	 <!-- ... -->
	 </map:match>

	 <!-- ... -->

The above snippet is taken from the mail block sample for sendmail and
checks for the server name. Adjusting it to your needs should be
trivial.

	Chris.
--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l
haul@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de

Re: any way to match on http request type

Posted by Miles Egan <mi...@caddr.com>.
Perfect!  Thanks.

Posted by Alex Romayev <ro...@yahoo.com>.
Sorry. You need the RequestMethodSelector.

http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/apidocs/org/apache/cocoon/selection/RequestMethodSelector.html

--- Miles Egan <mi...@caddr.com> wrote:
> The problem is that I don't want to select on one of
> the headers, but
> the actual request method (GET/POST/PUT).
>
> On Mon, 2003-06-02 at 11:26, Alex Romayev wrote:
> > Have you looked at the HeaderSelector?
> >
> > Miles Egan <mi...@caddr.com> wrote:Is there any
> way to
> > match/select in the pipeline for the HTTP method
> > used in the request? I'd like to write a pipeline
> for
> > handling PUT
> > requests.
> --
> Miles Egan <mi...@caddr.com>

name=signature.asc

Re: any way to match on http request type

Posted by Miles Egan <mi...@caddr.com>.