Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Russ Milliken <RM...@smartops.com> on 2003/02/19 06:04:45 UTC

[DBCP] Support for other default Connecion properties?

Is there support for default Connection properties other than ReadOnly
and AutoCommit?  You can create a PoolableConnectionFactory specifying
defaultReadOnly and defaultAutoCommit at construction time, or may
change the defaults at any time thereafter via API methods.  This is
good, but what of the other properties on Connection, e.g. Catalog,
TransactionIsolation, and TypeMap?  Are these in DBCP somewhere else,
and if so, shouldn't these all be in one place, i.e.,
PoolableConnectionFactory?

-Russ

Re: [DBCP] Support for other default Connecion properties?

Posted by Rodney Waldhoff <rw...@apache.org>.
As far a I know, these additional properties simply aren't exposed at a
"default" level (although as you note, are accessible via the regular
API).

Patches welcome.